My interest in photography began when I was very young. My dad an avid photographer, taught me how to use my first camera. In his improvised darkroom I witnessed images appear magically in the developing trays. During those early days I came to love black and white photography and working in my own darkroom.
Now, I enjoy the endless creative possibilities of digital photography both colour and black and white.
The subject matter I photograph is varied. My travels to Australia and New Zealand as well as to Arizona, Michigan, Central Canada and the Coastal Area of Vancouver Island, Oregon and California have motivated me to photograph the many wonders that I encounter. Often, I narrow my view to focus on the smaller parts of the whole. I leave it to the viewer to think about the image and to visualize the context of the total scene.
- Canadian Association of Photographic Arts
- Peachland Community Arts Council
- July 2015 – ‘Artography’ with Suzanne Williams at the Rotary Centre for the Arts, Kelowna, B.C.
- Captured Images 2017 – February thru to April – An Exhibition of Fine Art Photography
- Artwalk 2016 – Lake Country, B.C.
- Artwalk 2015 – Lake Country, B.C.
- November and December 2014 – Inaugural Exhibition of the new Peachland, B.C. Art Gallery
- Artwalk 2013 – Lake Country, B.C.
- Artwalk 2012 – Lake Country, B.C
- Artwalk 2011 – Lake Country, B.C.
- Artwalk 2010 – Lake Country, B.C.
- March 2012 through June 2012–Unique Captures Gallery, Penticton B.C.
- December 2011 through January 2012 – West Kelowna Library
- September 2011 – Little Straw Winery – Kelowna, B.C. – “Focal Point’
- 2010 Lightroom Photo Exhibit – Kelowna, B.C. – “Behind the Lens”
- 2014 to 2015 – The Ballantyne Online Gallery
- 2011- Central Okanagan Photographic Society – Pat Reiter ‘Eagle Award’ – Projected Nature Award of the Year for the black and white image entitled “Reeds at Sunset”.
- 2011 – Canadian Association of Photographic Art – HONOR AWARD – Annual Digital Competition for the image entitled “Family Time”.